Friday, November 24, 2023

North Carolina Thanksgiving

Shelley and I took different Thanksgiving paths this year. She visited her aging father in Lincoln, NE, while I visited my son in North Carolina. They love watching Husker football, but this year’s team has been challenging.

I arrived in NC on Tuesday morning. The rainy/misty weather made biking impossible. After the airport, we went grocery shopping and planned Thursday’s feast. This year, we’ll have at least four more guests, bringing the total to 14-16 adults and a child. My son’s neighbor hosted, so we brought a dish to share. It was a feast.

I made a Tater Tot hot dish, which was my favorite!  The recipe was simple.  Information at https://www.spendwithpennies.com/easy-tater-tot-hotdish/

I went on bike rides over the past three days: 27.55 miles on Wednesday20.16 miles on Thursday, and a shorter 13.32 miles today. I could feel it in my legs, but since I am on vacation, I get plenty of rest—although I am not sleeping well!

While I was here, I also took some pictures of my son, Kira, and the dog, LuLu. They are below.  



We're still three days away. Then, I'll be home to the siding contractor, who will be causing some disruption for about a week.

Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...