The world is moving on from 2020 as we approach 2021. 2021 marks the end of a challenging year, marked by the disruptions caused by COVID-19. It made it difficult to maintain friendships and disrupted daily life. In 2021, I’ll emphasize that 2020 was the year that changed everything. While I did some cycling, it was different from the previous year. I completed 168 rides for 1,937 miles and just under 126 hours, which is almost half of the 3,567 miles and 267 rides in 2019.
Many people have been working from home for approximately seven months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I purchased a Whahoo Kickr trainer and joined Zwift a year ago, but I only rode a few hundred miles. I hope 2021 will bring more enjoyable rides, but work has been the most significant roadblock, especially in 2020.
The work-from-home trend in 2020 disrupted work-life balance. I worked nearly 3,000 hours and lost vacation. I blame myself for the decreased productivity. Budget cuts eliminated overtime, so the two staff members not eligible for overtime, including me, pick up the slack. I understand the need for reviews and job opportunities, but I can’t say “wait” because we’re busy. I care about helping others and completing tasks. My college professor, Curtis Arthur Amlund, once said, “Londell, I’m glad you’re not a woman; you can’t say no to anyone.”
On a lighter note, I heard a great joke I had to share. Some rolled their eyes, yet I really loved the humor. It goes like this:
What two men routinely hang out near a window? Curt and Rod
If you don't get it, say it fast. That's the type of humor I enjoy.
On December 19, I felt strongly about my grandfather and wanted to talk to him. He taught me many valuable life lessons that I share with others. So, I decided to skip my girlfriend’s small family gathering and drove to Glover, North Dakota. It was a lovely day, and I took some pictures.
It was a great visit, but confusing. The gravestone’s last name was misspelled. I researched and found that World War created animosity toward Germans, so my great-grandparents’ German previous name, Pies, was changed to Pease. I was amazed!
![]() | ![]() |



No comments:
Post a Comment