Like many Americans, I’ve been working from home due to the COVID-19 virus. On my first day, I noticed a decrease in productivity because the VPN was overloaded. At the office, I have 250 Mbps, but on the VPN, 40 Mbps was a good day. As a result, my tasks take approximately 20-30% longer to complete in a typical 45-50-hour workweek.
Over the past 15 weeks, I’ve worked every day, including weekends, with an average workweek of 69.6 hours. I know this is unhealthy, but I didn’t realize I had any options besides not working. My girlfriend says they may consider my division for layoffs if we complete the job. I’m still waiting for someone to address my concern about the activity level I need to complete tasks. This is self-destructive. Fortunately, I’m aware of the impact and am taking steps to minimize it. Things can only get better. I’m glad to be employed!
In January, I switched to a PPO health insurance plan, which has increased my stress about my long-term health issues, including breathing problems, blood clot risk, and anemia. Despite being aware of these issues, I haven’t established a relationship with the new clinic or doctor. Working from home and reduced social activity may worsen my iron-deficiency anemia, which I’ve been battling for years. In 2019, I received only two infusions, an improvement from the four in 2018 and the unknown number in 2017. The last infusion was in July last year. After several weeks of experiencing fatigue, dizziness, and pale skin, I’m concerned about my health.
- Extreme fatigue and weakness
- Sleep issues
- Pale skin
- Chest pain, fast heartbeat, or shortness of breath
- Headache and dizziness
- Cold feet
- High Anxiety
- Weight gain: Although I track all calories and nutrition and stay under 2,000 daily (high-quality calories), I have gained 25 pounds since last September.
- I have found myself chewing ice - often!
No comments:
Post a Comment