Saturday, September 3, 2016

Day 1

After a considerable period, Shelley and I embarked on a vacation. Given the recent developments, we felt the need for a respite, leading us to select Glacier National Park as our destination for our fall break.

We departed from our residence in Apple Valley, Minnesota, at 1:15 PM on Friday, September 2, 2016. We entrusted our 18-month-old Golden Retriever, Porter, to the care of Shelley’s daughter during our absence.

Navigating the outbound traffic proved challenging, prompting me to take the back roads to Albertville, Minnesota. From there, our journey was relatively straightforward, culminating in our arrival in Fargo just after 6:00 PM. We checked into the “Element” hotel before dining at People's Organic.


Following dinner, we traversed the North Dakota State University campus and downtown Fargo. While the city held some allure, I was astounded by the extent of its deterioration. Shelley expressed enthusiasm upon discovering the store depicted below, which may only resonate with a select few.


On our return to the hotel, we made a brief stop at Natural Grocer to procure refreshments. I intend to retire early, as we anticipate a lengthy drive tomorrow. We called it a night by 9:45 PM.

Carry on my friends, carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...