During the first week of February, I helped my son move into a fantastic condo in Golden, Colorado. It’s so nice, and I’m looking forward to visiting more this summer to escape the office.
Two days before my move, I visited the doctor and needed to start taking intense antibiotics again. The antibiotics were terrible for my stomach. While moving my son, I started experiencing all the symptoms of a bleeding ulcer, and the pain was excruciating. To make matters worse, I also had to have a root canal at the same time. I couldn’t sleep lying down, and even during the day, the pain was unbelievable. I tried to manage the pain with Advil, but it wasn’t enough. I was drinking anything I could find and being mindful of what I ate. It took me less than 10 days to establish a semblance of a routine and stop having jet-black stool.
On February 15, I weighed in at 301.8 pounds. I was disappointed because I had hoped to be in the 200s again. I feel lighter, but 12 pounds is still a lot. I hope I can maintain these good habits and continue to lose weight at an average of 2 pounds per week for the next two weeks. I assume that when I can ride my bike to work, I’ll be able to increase that to 4 pounds a week with ease. However, I’m happy to have lost 2 pounds weekly for the first six weeks.
I’ve been stressed lately about my father’s declining health. I assume this is his last winter with us. We don’t have a relationship, but I realize he made many mistakes but tried. As I age, I make mistakes that anger my son, mostly because I’m trying and failing. Is the father-son relationship I once thought substantial weakening? It’s hard to face, but I’ve made mistakes I can’t overcome. Time will tell.
Last weekend, I also reviewed my 30th root beer(another blog). It was interesting to see the variety I found in 30 beverages, and I still have 70 in the basement to test!
I will keep you updated as I continue to make progress.

No comments:
Post a Comment