Hey, let’s not dwell on not making 102 miles at Superior in September. I know 77 miles is still a great accomplishment, but it’s definitely a challenge. I’ve gained 25 pounds since the 100, and I’m determined to get back on track.
I’ve been dealing with a pinched nerve and limited activity for five weeks, which has contributed to my weight gain. But I’m ready to move on and focus on my goals. My first goal is to drop 55 pounds. I’ve been working out for at least two hours every day for the past three days, and I feel great. I’m also planning to run the Wyco 50k in February. I might do the 50 or 100 miles in April with other races along the way.
Since the beginning of the year, I’ve been working hard to improve my fitness. I’ve been weighing myself on Sundays, aiming to lose at least 2 pounds per week. This will put me close to my 200-pound goal for Grandma’s Marathon, where I’ve been finishing in a row for 24 years! I’ve always wanted to run for 25 consecutive years, and I’m so close to achieving that goal.
It’s been an incredible journey, with 23 consecutive years of running at Grandma’s Marathon. I’ve run from 1988 to 2005, with times ranging from 3:24 to 6:05. This year, I’m aiming to beat my personal best and finish under 4 hours. I have my girlfriend’s and running friends’ support, and I’m determined to make this happen. There’s no excuse for not achieving my goals except laziness!
No comments:
Post a Comment