I’m really impressed by the people I’m around, but it feels like they’re just going through the motions. Like my girlfriend, who thinks she’s super responsible and dedicated, but she’s not really dependable. She said she’d be home by 6:00 PM, so I left work to be home by 5:30 PM. I’ll be there when she gets home, which is at 7:15 PM. But when I get home, I forget something and ask if she can drop it off on her way to work (just a quick 5-minute detour), and she acts like I’ve just asked her to do the impossible. So, I drive 20 minutes home to grab what I need and then drive back 20 minutes.
This is happening with most things we’re involved in. I had a flat tire on my bike and asked if she could pick me up on the way home, and she complained. It’s so frustrating because I feel like we’re supposed to support each other in a relationship, but I don’t feel supported at all. It’s the same with my son. It just breaks my heart!
I’ve been trying to find a better work-life balance. I’ve been working fewer than 50 hours a week in the past couple of weeks. I still hate going to the office, and it’s getting hard to control my anger about what I have to do. Plus, I feel like I’m not getting any support!
Part of that is helping my girlfriend’s son-in-law build a wall and patio! It’s such a tough job, and my back is starting to hurt really badly. One more weekend will finish the job.
I’ve been feeling more frustrated lately because I really want more time for photography and other things I used to enjoy. Right now, as I’ve said before, I hate everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment