Friday, February 3, 2017

Life could be short?

I had an echocardiogram and consultation, and I learned that stress is killing me. Despite being financially secure and having the freedom to enjoy activities I once dreamed of, my 70-hour work weeks and lack of breaks make it impossible. Work stress severely impacts my health, and my vitals are near life-threatening. I must systematically reframe my work and stress or die. This doesn’t mean quitting, but I must approach work differently. The key change is finding successful ways to remove stress. I’ve read that controlling stress and anxiety could make me more effective at my job.


I have internal issues. I carry immense responsibility for my team, which causes tremendous stress. I need to solve every problem and focus intensely. Thinking and working harder could overcome any obstacle. However, continuously increasing my intensity was harming my health. Medical professionals say it’s almost fatal.


I need to initiate the process and make the necessary changes. I’m exhausted and require awareness, intelligence, problem-solving skills, and effectiveness to know where to begin. One issue is the workload. Beyond my workload, dwelling on risks and potential adverse outcomes creates reasonable fear patterns. I’ve become accustomed to accepting this fear, losing sight of the primary issue. I work harder.


Raised by ambitious people who view life as high-stakes projects, I’ve adopted this dangerous thought process. I need to rewrite it. I should view stressful situations as opportunities for love and creativity. It sounds touchy-feely, but it’s concrete and scientific. The creative mind is opposite to the fearful mind. The innovative spirit is expansive and parallel, while the fearful mind is reductive and linear. Being mindful enough to shift anxiety into a relaxed, creative mode yields better results.


Moreover, things will surely improve if I change my mind that way.


Carry on my friends, carry on!


Comments from my original blog - I merged the blogs.


wildknits

That’s tough news, but not surprising given your past posts. It’s easy to say “reduce stress,” but were concrete ideas given to help you achieve that? For example, work restrictions (a 40-hour workweek, as per the doctor’s orders), therapy referrals, medication/relaxation tips, etc.? Does your workplace support working less, self-care, and a healthy work-life balance? Would you leave the job if you knew it was harming you financially? Friday, February 3, 2017 at 11:05:21PM CST

LDP

It is a balance. I have matching pension that I need another 4.5 years to get, and that is huge. I also can get health coverage fully paid by me at the group rate if I wait. So I want to keep that as it will make the rest of my years so much easier. Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 11:12:09AM CST

wildknits

I understand the need to keep working for insurance and benefits, especially when you are so close to the maximum benefit. Hopefully, you can find a way to achieve a more reasonable work-life balance, as your health is very important. Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 10:01:46PM CST


No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...