Wednesday, August 10, 2016

People are self centered

I’m amazed by my friends, but they seem ordinary. My girlfriend, who thinks she’s conscientious and dedicated, is unreliable. She said she’d be home at 6:00 PM, so I left work at 5:30 PM. I’ll be there when she arrives at 7:15 PM. I forgot something at home and asked her to drop it off on her way to work (a 5-minute detour), but she acts resentful. I drive 20 minutes home to pick it up and 20 minutes back.

This happens with most things. I get a flat tire on my bike and ask her to pick me up, but she complains. It’s frustrating because I think we support each other, but I don’t get any support. This is the same with my son. It breaks my heart.

I’ve been getting a little work balance. I’ve been below 50 hours per week in the past two weeks. I still dislike going to the office and struggle to manage my anger over the work and lack of support. Part of that is helping my girlfriend’s son-in-law build a wall and patio. It’s excruciating work, and my back hurts badly. One more weekend will finish the job.

I’m more frustrated lately because I want more time for photography and other activities I enjoy. Right now, I hate everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Frustrated

 I often feel more like a servant than a human being. I'm unsure what God has planned for me, and like many others, I don't experien...