Today, I was asked about my participation in a 5K race that took place over the weekend. I informed the individual that I have only participated in four to five races annually for the past few years, with one of those being Grandma’s Marathon. As I mentioned this, it became evident that they believed I was jesting. I attribute this to the influence of Facebook; unlike blogs, which present information in a user-defined sequence rather than snippets, Facebook appears to determine the content and timing of its posts.
I have recently become less enthusiastic about Facebook, primarily due to the evolving perception of Social Media. It is a platform for self-expression. I can articulate my thoughts whether I am content, frustrated, or perplexed. Recently, I was subjected to ridicule for posting about a retail company that failed to honor its promise. I had requested a password reset, and they assured me that I would receive a notification within 30 minutes. However, after two days, I expressed my frustration on Facebook, only to be subjected to criticism for sharing my thoughts. Additionally, I have another high-level mail-order company that double-charged me for a Christmas gift, and I am still attempting to resolve this issue. I expressed my concerns on Facebook in January, and I was once again attacked.
So, I last used Facebook a few weeks ago, and WOW, life continues without daily use. Who would have thought?
My physical recovery from the bicycle ride from Denver, followed by Grandma’s Marathon, is still progressing slowly. Over the past six weeks, I have experienced limited sensation in my small fingers. Additionally, my left ankle has been experiencing severe pain on most days. Despite this, I have managed to complete another 150 miles of cycling, but the experience has been challenging. I have only managed to complete one commute to work since May 1st.
In light of these circumstances, it would be beneficial for me to incorporate yoga into my routine to help restore balance to my body.
My son, who is employed full-time, is currently navigating the demanding life schedule after graduation. I am proud of his ability to manage this challenge effectively. As a parent, it is natural to feel concerned, especially given the competitive nature of his corporate environment.
At work, we are currently preparing for another legal dispute. There are numerous issues at hand, and individuals continue to create legal complications rather than addressing the underlying problems and moving forward. This situation has made it difficult for me to enjoy my work.
Regardless of these challenges, I intend to increase my bicycle commuting in the coming weeks. This year has been particularly challenging, with frequent rain and floodwaters that have exceeded my previous experiences in July. Additionally, the weather in July has been consistently cold, with morning temperatures ranging from 50°F to a high of 66°F.
We take the good and the bad and keep moving forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment